Your Daily Activity – YDA
Part of the Optima Molliter Treatment Algorithm: The International Gold Standard treatment for the at risk foot.
Extra wide and extra deep velcro shoes with a semi-rigid sole to redistribute loads.
YDA MAC 3 shoes are exceptional Italian therapeutic footwear recommended for anyone that suffers from diabetes and a vast range of other foot and ankle ailments or require pre or post-surgery support. They are fast becoming the shoes recommended by many of the top orthopaedic surgeons and podiatrists.
Strong fibreglass support in the insole to give extra support and stability to the foot (rocker sole)
Springboard system ensures less friction when worn, yet still remaining ultra-light.
Strengthened support at the back of the shoe again for added support and stability for the ankle.
Seam free inner lining, the shoe is a ideal in prevention of ulceration for diabetics
Removable Insoles allow for bespoke orthotics to be added.
YDA shoes are recommended for the following conditions:
- Diabetic Foot Ulcer prevention, and other common forefoot diseases.
- Recommended for Diabetics type 1 and type 2 for people with foot at no risk, at risk (neuropathy and or vasculopathy) and at high risk (neuropathy and/or vasculopathy + minor deformity) (IWGDF 2015).
- Those that suffer from Hallux valgus, Hallux Rigidus & Hallux Limitus,
- Restricted range of movement of the forefoot.
- Fractures of the metatarsal bones where support is needed
- Habitual toe walkers
- Patients who wear orthotics and require additional support
- Painful feet and Plantar fasciitis, Ligament injuries of the forefoot,
- Post-surgical operations, where extra support is needed,
- Toe amputations.
- Patient with Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis